Columbus Apartments - Self Catering Holidays
Holiday Apartments in Puerto del Carmen
- Arrival: We aim for each apartment to be ready for check-in no later than 14:00; if you wish to arrive earlier please contact the respective apartment owner, suitcase storage is available if clients arrive early. Departure: Apartments must be vacated by 10:00 on the day of departure. Late check-out may be available, please enquire with the respective apartment owner or the apartment management company in the resort.
- Bookings : are between the apartment owner (the Owner) and the person making the booking (the Client) and are only valid after the Owner has accepted and authorised deposit payment given by the Client and the booking has been confirmed to the Client by the Owner or their representative in writing/by email. The Client guarantees to have the authority to accept and does accept these booking conditions on behalf of the rest of the persons on the booking.
- Deposit. To confirm a booking a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the total booking cost is required from the Client.
- The balance of the holiday cost shown on the confirmation invoice must be paid by six weeks before departure or, if the booking takes place less than eight weeks before departure, the full amount is due immediately. If the balance is not paid six weeks prior to departure, we reserve the right to cancel the booking, retain the deposit and apply our cancellation charges as set out below.
- Any cancellations or changes to the original booking must be notified in writing by the Client. Cancellations made prior to six weeks - only the deposit will be retained by the Owner. Between 42 and 29 days - 50% of the total holiday cost will be retained by the Owner. Between 28 and 22 days - 70% of the total holiday cost will be retained by the Owner. From 21 days before departure 100% of the total holiday cost is forfeited and will be retained by the Owner. Cancellations must be sent by email to the owner or to firstname.lastname@example.org and upon receipt we will issue a cancellation invoice. We shall always do our best to comply with small changes to the original booking. Amendments to dates or accommodation changes are charged at £10 per booking per change.
- COVID-19 Cancellations. All reservations made on or after 1 July 2020 are made by the Client in the full knowledge of the implications that COVID-19 may have on the Client's travel plans. The Client must be aware of the guidelines and the government advice in force in their country of residence at the time of making the reservation. The Client must recognise that their home country and/or Spain or the airline used may impose restrictions at any time between making the reservation and arriving at Columbus Apartments which may limit the Client's ability to holiday at Columbus Apartments. If this is the case, Columbus Apartments are not obliged to but may offer the option of moving the Client's holiday to an alternative date and reserve the right to retain the Client's deposit, plus any additional payments in line with above, if agreement on a suitable alternative date cannot be reached.
- Travel restrictions and Requirements: It is entirely the responsibility of the Client to ensure that they fulfil any travel requirements and restrictions and have full travel insurance at the time of their travel. Columbus Apartments accept no liability or obligation to refund should the Client be unable to travel because they have not met the appropriate requirements, rules or laws.
- The accommodation is for the exclusive use of ONLY the persons named on the booking and NO other person may use the property OR the complex amenities. Should any other persons not named on the booking be allowed into the property or complex by any person named on the booking, Columbus Apartments reserve the right to immediately terminate the booking and require the Client to vacate the respective apartment(s).
- No responsibility is accepted for failure of electricity, water supplies, internet/tv, repair of facilities outside our control or extreme weather conditions.
- No responsibility is accepted for noise disturbance from adjacent bars or from other sources beyond our control.
- Although extremely unlikely, we reserve the right to substitute the accommodation booked for a similar or better standard in certain rare circumstances.
- All baggage and personal articles are at all times at the owner's risk and neither the complex nor the Owner are responsible for the loss or damage thereof.
- In the very unlikely event that circumstances beyond our control necessitate the cancellation of your holiday, we are liable only to repay all monies promptly. No further compensation will be paid.
- Any loss or damage to the property caused by the guests or other persons occupying the property without permission or any stay beyond the stated time, or by additional persons not included in the booking, will be charged to the Client.
- The holiday price is guaranteed at the time of booking on the confirmation invoice, however any late availability holidays will not affect the price of holidays already booked. Should the Owner at any time after the booking has been confirmed wish to increase the accommodation price, notice will be given and the option to cancel the booking and receive a full refund of deposit or balance payment made, but no compensation will be offered.
- Should the Client have any cause for complaint during the holiday, the management company responsible for the accommodation should be notified immediately, details can be found within the information folder provided in the apartment, and every effort will be made to rectify the matter as quickly as possible. If the problem cannot be resolved on the spot, the Client should contact the Owner. If this procedure is not followed, liability cannot be accepted.
- We reserve the right to terminate your holiday in the event that your behaviour or that of any member of your party is such that it is likely to cause distress, damage, danger or annoyance to our other clients, employees, property or any third party. If you are prevented from travelling because, in the opinion of any person in authority, you appear to be unfit to travel or likely to cause discomfort or disturbance to other passengers, we will have no further liability to complete your holiday arrangements. We will not be liable for any refund, compensation or any additional costs incurred by you. We cannot accept any liability for the behaviour of others staying at our accommodation.
- Emergency Call Outs: Out of hours call outs requiring attention that are NOT the responsibility of Columbus Apartments community or the Owner will be subject to a charge, the amount of which is determined by the Owner. The charge will be payable to either the community of Columbus Apartments, the Owner or the Owner's management company representative.